Friday, June 12, 2009

Stupid computer...

So... I wasn't able to get my picks up for Belmont Stakes Day weekend.

My computer has been acting up recently, and I don't know why. For some odd reason, I can't access Churchilldowns.com even though I was able to about two days ago. Other glitchy things were going on...including me not be able to get to my blog here at The Finish Line. I don't think anyone serious was paying attention anyway, but I'll continue forward from here. Hopefully, there won't be any computer problems, but I can't guarentee having picks up all the time for each stakes every weekend.

Needless to say, my picks didn't come up as I wanted them to.

For the True North, I went one-two with Fabulous Strike and Benny the Bull, but my third choice, Two Step Salsa, didn't make up the trifecta. In the Early Times Mint Julep, Tizaqueena didn't win (as much as I had hoped), but I picked Acoma over Pure Clan, both in the top three, so I didn't fare too badly. The Belmont Stakes was a horrible race for me. Only Mine That Bird and Dunkirk, two of four that I picked in the top four, made it; my other picks being Charitable Man (never pick an overhyped up horse again) and Chocolate Candy (another hyped up horse). And finally, Liquidity didn't play as my long shot in the Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap; however, I did pick Midships (as my second choice) and Artiste Royal (as my third) as part of the top three. I just figured that Liquidity being a son of Tiznow might fare better over turf (being a first timer on it) than he has been on other surfaces. Seems like he needs more time for maturing, or he isn't the same horse as he used to be as a three-year-old.

I still have yet to evaluate this weekend's stakes races. It's Stephen Foster weekend, and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment